URPOWER Wood Grain 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser
One of the well recommended diffuser units is the URPOWER Wood Grain 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser, available on Amazon at http://amzn.to/1VpjsE9 where it receives a 4.7 out 5 rating.
This is an ultrasonic diffuser and requires water to be added but the large container which holds as much as 300ml of water, allows it to effectively be used in rooms as large as 269 sq. ft. The unit has 4 different timer settings and any one of 7 different soothing colours can be selected to ensure that it matches the décor of most rooms. Normal tap water may be used with this device which then has 2 or 3 drops of essential oil added to provide an aromatic mist that will fill the room with fragrance. Although just one press of the ‘Mist’ button will start the diffuser, care should be taken to never press the button whilst the water container is empty as that will burn it out. The diffuser does have an automatic off capability for when the water runs out and so is safe to be left unattended. With a full tank of water, this unit can reasonably be expected to operate for up to 10 hours but has a timer allowing for automatic turn off after 60, 180 or 360 mins. Although this unit is designed with a wood grain finish, it is made of plastic and weighs less than an ounce.
As an ultrasonic diffuser, URPOWER Wood Grain 300ml Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is not recommended for use with any citrus oils but is a good humidifier and can be used for therapeutic purposes.
Essential oils for use with diffusers can be placed in 3 different categories, Citrus oils, floral oils or earthy oils, here are some of the more popular ones :
- Lemon – Lemon essential oil is very good as a cleansing agent but when placed in a diffuser, it can also provide a good boost of energy.
- Grapefruit – Although a little bitter, grapefruit oil is fresh and clean and can provide an emotional boost to prepare you for the weekend.
- Tangerine – This oil has the same qualities as grapefruit oil but is not bitter. If you have a personal diffuser, this is an excellent oil to use during long drives.
- Jasmin – This oil gives off a warm, exotic, floral aroma which is good for relaxation in the evenings and may promote a touch of excitement if you have company.
- Rose – This oil can be used as a great mood lifter on a rainy day and, as with anything Rose, provides a beautiful fragrance.
- Geranium – This oil promotes wellness and stimulates the senses, perfect for improving the start of your day.
- Sandalwood – The sweet, rich, warm and woody aroma of sandalwood oil is great for boosting memory, so is an ideal oil for those study sessions.
- Cedar Wood –This oil promotes focus and overall mental clarity and is also great as an insect relent.
- Vetiver – This oil smells like freshly turned soil with a hint of lemon. This is an ideal oil to use in the office or when the kids are doing homework as it promotes concentration and helps avoid distractions but is also great for fighting stress and fatigue.
What is an Essential Oil Diffuser?
An essential oil diffuser is the device which permits you to use aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is the use of a plant’s essential oils to provide a pleasant ambience to any area, de-stressing and repelling insects. By dispersing the essential oils into the air, the diffuser not only makes a room more inviting but also provides therapeutic benefits, depending on which essential oil you use. Many diffusers available today, also have anti-bacterial abilities.
What Types of Diffuser are there?
There are three main types of diffuser units available and they are:
- Nebulizer – This type of diffuser operates in the same way as the button on a perfume bottle to release the essential oil fragrances into the air and so has no need for water or heat. This type of diffuser is ideal for the sick as it provides 100% essential oils into the air on a continuous basis. Although effective, these types of diffuser are usually more expensive and noisier than other types of diffuser.
- Ultrasonic – Like a nebulizer, this type of diffuser provides a continuous flow of essential oils into the air but does require the oils to be mixed with water. These diffusers have humidifying benefits and so are useful in the winter months and can also be used as personal humidifiers. Although effective, this type of diffuser cannot be used with citrus oils as they impair its efficiency and it need to be cleaned regularly.
- Evaporative – Cheaper than the other types of diffuser, this uses a fan to blow the aroma into the room. Although these types of diffuser are inexpensive and they are quiet, they are not recommended or therapeutic purposes as the aroma they give of is not as concentrated as those from other types.
There are many different diffusers available today and so it is a case of finding the right type and size for your own personal needs.
Additional Benefits of Diffusers
Apart from using a diffuser with a certain oil for a specific purpose, using diffusers also provide other, more general benefits and those are:
- Clean Air – Diffusers are also capable of killing virus and harmful bacteria and so are especially useful in rooms with small children and babies.
- Relaxing your Mind – As the diffusers release fragrances into the air, those fragrances help to make you feel relaxed and are especially useful when sitting in a room relaxing after a hard day’s work.
- Reduces Dust – Although diffusers may not make a room completely dust free, by releasing negative ions into the room which connect with any positive ions, they do reduce dust levels helping your family to be free from allergens.