Oil Diffuser For Home : Fragrances are important parts of our lives. They are highly effective in altering and improving our mood and they also make our homes offices and even ourselves more attractive. A number of ways have been used by humans to induce refreshing fragrances into homes and offices. The very first methods consisted of placing fragrant flowers and burning fragrant compounds. As the science progressed, we discovered new ways of it. One of the modern ways for that is the best essential oil diffuser. This invention has taken the use of fragrances to whole another level, far beyond just making the environment of a place pleasant
What is an Oil Diffuser?
The oil diffuser is basically used to practice what is called as the technique of aromatherapy. The aromatherapy simple oil diffuser is a small device that radiates the essential oil elements into the air. This is one of the best method of air purification in practice these days. By making the air better, it gives a number of benefits.
When the gentle vapors of the aromatic essential oils are breathed in, the fresh, fragrant and earthy and relaxing scent is not only very amazing to smell but is actually a way of relaxing and healing. Lately, the procedure of aromatherapy was only available in some very costly spas and Japanese gardens but now the invention of oil diffusers has brought it to every home and you can benefit from the goodies of this technique right in your own bedroom. However, not all of the oil diffusers in the market are good enough to do that because not all of them are made with that quality. Also,the depends on the type of oils they are using because the oil is actually the essence of the whole thing
Don't Confuse a Humidfier with an oil diffuser
When people get to know the oil diffusers, they often tend to confuse with the humidifiers which are a totally separate thing. Basically, the humidifiers are mostly used in the dry regions or during the dry time of the year to increase the moisture content in a room. They may be large units supplying moisture to the air in the room or systems incorporated in the air-conditioning systems to moisturize the air of the entire building equally, in either case they are not structurally or functionally related to the oil diffusers. They are most commonly used in the western states of the USA round the year and in almost all the states in the winters when the furnaces send in dried air to the rooms.
Though moisture is good for health yet too much moisture may be detrimental if you are exposed to it for extended periods of time. Diffusers on the other hand supply only a micro-fine mist of essential oils which have some proven health benefits. In very dry season, they may be used along with the humidifiers to obtain the best results.
Essential oils are the oils obtained from plants having certain volatile aromatic compounds in them. They have long been used to cure a number of psychological and physiological disorders and are the key part of aromatherapy, one of the very few alternative medical procedures with proven positive outcomes.
The Benefits of Aromatheraphy
- Aromatherapy, is a therapy not very much related to many other therapies. It constitutes of the use of essential oils to treat or prevent a number of diseases. By the correct use of aromatherapy, one can reduce anxiety, enhance energy and short-term memory, reduce hair loss and eczema-induced itching.
- The therapy is found to work by two ways, one is the effect of the fragrance on the brain. The brain and especially its limbic system is very sensitive to aromas and responds to them in a positive way always. The limbic and the olfactory systems work in alliance to bring the positive effects of this therapy to reality.
- The other mode of action of the essential oils is by the direct pharmacological effects on the various systems of the body.
- Some people may say that aromatherapy is a pseudoscience fraud but that is not the case. However, it is true that under certain circumstances, the use of oils in massage is more effective but aromatherapy is also a good use of natural procedure with no side-effects as the allopethic medicines have.
Selecting a good Aromatheraphy Oil Diffuser
So far we have established that the technique of aromatherapy is a real one and has some proven benefits especially related to over all well-being and stress relief. Priorly, you were required to go to some spa or Japanese Garden to benefit from this thing but now this can be availed anywhere by the oil diffusers. But, as stated earlier, not all the diffusers are the same. Some really work while the others are just a wastage of resources. The following points will make it a bit more clear for you to select the right type of oil diffuser.
- The Type of Diffuser
A diffuser is not only a diffuser it is of many types. While purchasing one do consider how much oil does it diffuse and at what rate. You can consult a retailer or a practitioner of aromatherapy to confirm that what kind will be most suitable for you.
- The Type of Oil Used
The heart of this thing is the oil. Do some research on what oil is good for you and get a diffuser that diffuses that oil to get the best results.
- Whether or not it has a wanranty
Well that must be considered while purchasing any consumer product.
- Is it refillable ?
If refillable, the unit can be cost effective otherwise you will have to get a complete unit every single time it runs out of the oil.
- If refillable how much the refill cost?
If the diffuser can be refilled do consider the cost of the oil so that the refilling will be economical.