Lavender Essential Oil Health Benefits
The health benefits coming from lavender include the relieving of pain, disinfecting skin and scalp, eliminating nervous tension, treating respiratory problems, and improving the blood circulation. Lavender essential oil is extracted from the lavender plant. The flowers have aromatic scent and are used for making freshener for hundreds of years.
Lavender was first used in making perfumes. Then the best essential oils diffuser are proven to be useful in aromatherapy. It can also blend well with other essential oils like geranium, pine, cedarwood, clary sage and more. Nowadays, lavender essential oils are used in different forms such as soap, lotions, gels and aromatherapy.
Health Benefits of Lavender
Here are some of the health benefits of lavender essential oil:
– Lavender is excellent for relieving different types of pain such as sprains, backache, muscle pain, back pain, rheumatism and more. Massaging the body with lavender oil can also relieve the pain in your joins. Using an essential diffuser to inhale the vapor of lavender essential oil can decrease the amount of pain experienced by many patients.
– People suffering from insomnia can use lavender oil to help them sleep better. It helps people to relax and induce sleep. Pillows with lavender essential oil are placed on elderly patients to increase the regularity of their sleep. Lavender essential oil is really helpful for people with sleeping problems.
– Lavender oil is used for treating respiratory problems including asthma, tonsillitis, throat infections, colds, cough, laryngitis, sinus congestion and flu. The oil can be applied directly on the chest, neck and back or in a vapor form using a diffuser. Lavender oil is also added to inhalers and is used for coughs and colds. It can loosen the phlegm up and increase the recovery process by helping the body eliminate phlegm. It also has antibacterial properties which can fight infections.
– Lavender oil has calming effects which works great on anxiety issues. This can help in treating migraines, depression, tension, headache and stress. The aroma eliminates the nervous exhaustion therefore it increases the mental process. Studies have shown that people who inhaled lavender and rosemary oil have a significant decrease in mental stress which increased their cognitive functions.
– Lavender oil can be used to increase the mobility of food in the intestines. Lavender oil can as well fuel the production of gastric juices which assist in curing indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain.
– Researches prove that lavender oil has positive effects on coronary circulation. It is used to lower the blood pressure. Organs are able to increase the levels of oxygenation which improves muscle strength and health. The skin also glows and the body is secured from any risks of heart ailments.
– Lavender oil is also used for hair treatments. It is effective on removing lice and lice eggs. It is also one of the essential oils that can treat hair loss, which is beneficial especially for the people who are suffering from alopecia, a disease that causes hair loss. Lavender essential oil is one of the recommended alternative treatments for baldness.
– There are researches that prove lavender to be effective in preventing the risks of having breast cancer together with other essential oils.
– The aroma of lavender essential oil can repel insects like moths, mosquitoes and middles. Using lavender essential oil with your essential oil diffuser cannot only make your home scented with health benefits, but it can also repel insects.
– Lavender essential oil is also used for treating acne, psoriasis, wrinkles and other inflammatory conditions. It can also speed up the healing process of burns, cuts and wounds. Mixing lavender oil with chamomile can treat eczema.
– Lavender essential oil has beneficial effects on people with urinary disorders. It can stimulate the production of urine. Lavender can also restore hormonal balance and reduce inflammation or cystitis of the bladder.
There are many health benefits that you can acquire from using lavender essential oil. You can maximize its benefits by using an essential oil diffuser. By simply placing an essential oil diffuser in your room, all family members can have an improved immune system and reduce risks from various illnesses.