How to use reed diffuser with sticks - A form of therapy using fragrance to address health issues is an inexpensive form of alternative medicine. One method for this is the use of reed diffusers. Scents infused in essential oils are released in the air from reed sticks.
Reed diffusers are a major component of aromatherapy, which aims to promote good mood and the general well-being of an individual. Aside from therapeutic uses, reed diffusers are more commonly known to be used as a way to keep a particular place nicely scented. It keeps the room fresh, and masks unwanted odors. In comparison to scented candles, reed diffusers are safer to use as it does not use flame, hence the risk of fire is avoided. You can always leave the diffusers at home without the fear of accidents such as fire.
There are many variations of reed diffusers available in the market. Typically, the ones available for sale come with fragrance oils already included in the package.
So, how do we use a reed diffuser with sticks? In order to maximize the use of a reed diffuser, we must first know what materials we will be needing, particularly the following:
- A container
- Reeds or sticks
- Fragrance oils
Use a small bottle for the container. You can use glass, ceramic or any other material so long as your fragrance oils will not leak. A good container will hold the fragrance oils and fragrance sticks together to achieve their primary purpose.
The secret to a long lasting fragrance lies in the kind of reeds you will be using, and it better be made of rattan. The structure of rattan sticks are suited to bring optimal results in diffusing scents from the fragrance oils. Rattan sticks can be cut to the desired length. In fact, you can trim it to different sizes, it is your choice.
The other important material for an effective reed diffuser is the fragrance oil. Most people would want to use all-natural essential oils, as they work well in a stick diffuser. There are fragrance oils that are blended with alcohol, which are diffused rather quickly. Choose the type of fragrance oils that you know you will enjoy, which scent is suited to your liking.
Now that we have prepared the necessary materials for an effective fragrance diffusion using reed/stick diffuser, we are ready to know how to use them.
Pour an adequate amount of your favorite fragrance oils inside the container. Insert the reed sticks into the container. The reeds will absorb the essential oils and will be circulated. Flipping the sticks will also help in the even distribution of fragrance oils for best possible results. Depending on the kind of oil that you are using, the fragrance will last from a few weeks to a few months. So it is important that you select fragrance oils that would most likely fit your needs.
Here are some Tips when using a Reed Diffuser :
- Choose a location for your reed diffuser where the scent will be dispersed optimally through air circulation.
- Flipping the sticks helps to disperse more fragrance; however, it can also cause the oils to evaporate more quickly.
- Remember that while fragrance oils provide scent, it can cause damage to countertops or other delicate furniture. Be sure to use a coaster or a plate under the diffuser to prevent drips or leaks.
- Select the right size of diffuser for your space. The larger the diffuser, the more fragrance it will emit.
- If you wish to refill your diffuser with a different scent, you must first clean your container well, making sure that no trace of the previous fragrance is retained. Moreover, make sure that no leftover oil stays in the container before refilling it with new fragrance oil. Dry the container completely after washing it with soap and water.
- Remember that using the correct type of reeds is essential. Rattan sticks works best because they have absorbent structures that are effective in dispersing fragrance. Do not use bamboo or wood, because they do not properly absorb fragrant oils.
- It is also important to change the sticks once you change oils. Reeds become dusty and saturated with oil that it becomes ineffective over time. In other words, do not reuse reeds.
A reed diffuser can be one of your very useful fragrance tool at home or in the office or just about anywhere. Its primary objective of providing fragrance gives soothing relief to life’s daily stresses. A simple scent can lighten up one’s mood, give inspiration, or simply just to evoke feelings of contentment, love and peace.